Once you reach mid 40 to mid 50’s, you will notice your skin begins to age at a much faster pace versus the previous 15 years. You can thank your hormones for the rapid decline but there are quick and easy solutions. At Watt Plastic Surgery in Tampa, we offer Voluma as a dermal filler for lost volume in the cheeks. Learn more about how Voluma works and the benefits it offers below.
What Is Voluma?
When we age, our skin produces less and less hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid gives youthful skin its firm, smooth, and luminous appearance. Low levels of hyaluronic acid can lead to thin, sunken skin, as well as fine lines and wrinkles. In the cheek area, lost volume due to aging can also accentuate the appearance of fine lines.
Juvederm Voluma XC is a hyaluronic acid filler that’s specially designed for injection into the cheek area. The hyaluronic acid formula restores lost volume to the treatment area for fuller, more defined cheeks. It takes just minutes for the injection to bring volume back to thin or sunken skin, creating a youthful, lifted appearance.
As an advanced dermal filler, Voluma has been formulated for minimal discomfort. It includes lidocaine to offset any potential pain, and you can speak with your doctor about topical numbing treatment options.
What Are the Benefits of Voluma?
Voluma offers several benefits as a treatment for thin, sunken cheeks. These benefits include:
- With optimal treatment, this can last for up to two years.
- Each subsequent treatment will be shorter and require less of the substance.
- There’s no downtime required after treatment.
- You’ll see a difference in the appearance of your skin immediately after treatment.
- A non-surgical solution to lost volume in the cheeks as a sign of aging skin.
- The only FDA-approved hyaluronic acid treatment for the cheek area.
- Results from treatment appear natural and non-artificial.
- Effective for all skin types.
Voluma treatment is available for men and women over the age of 21. It may be an effective treatment option if you’re looking for lift, definition, and volume in the cheeks. Contact Watt Plastic Surgery today to learn if this is right for you.