If you’re looking for a smoother, slimmer midsection without the cost, recovery time, and scarring of a full tummy tuck, a mini tuck could be right for you. Also called a mini-abdominoplasty, this procedure can provide excellent results for people who struggle with excess skin in the lower abdomen.
What Is a Mini Tuck?
A mini tummy tuck is a cosmetic procedure that hones in on the lower stomach region to create a slimmer, smoother, and flatter midsection. It’s basically a downsized tummy tuck for patients who don’t require the extent of the full procedure.
The region beneath the belly button is a “problem area” for many patients. A mini tuck removes sagging or excess skin in this area for a tighter, leaner physique. Stretch marks may also be removed during, if needed.
The incision involved is much smaller than that of a full tuck. The exact location of the incision will depend on your unique needs, but it’s typically between the belly button and the pubic region.
Surgery typically takes two to three hours. If desired, other cosmetic procedures can be completed at the same time as a mini tuck, such as liposuction or breast surgery.
Most patients can return to their regular schedules (omitting intense physical activity) about one to two weeks after a mini tuck surgery. About a month to six weeks after surgery, you’ll be able to participate in strenuous physical activities.
What Are the Benefits of a Mini Tuck?
- It will smooth out and flatten your midsection for a leaner body shape.
- Since it requires less downtime than a full tummy tuck, patients with hectic schedules find it to be a convenient option.
- When compared to a full tummy tuck, less downtime is required after a surgery.
- It can effectively resolve loose or sagging skin after childbirth.
- It is significantly less expensive than a full tummy tuck.
If you’re interested in the benefits that a mini tummy tuck has to offer, contact us today for more details.