Juvederm is one of Allergan’s leading products designed for use in the cheek area for age-related volume loss. Watt Plastic Surgery in Tampa, offers the entire collection of Juvederm dermal fillers to restore the appearance of youthful skin. Learn more about treatments and the benefits they offer below.
What Is Juvederm?
Juvederm is the top collection of dermal fillers. Within the collection are three types of fillers for different needs.
- Juvederm Voluma targets lost volume in the cheeks.
- Juvederm XC targets lines around the nose and mouth.
- Juvederm Ultra XC targets lost volume in the lips.
Made from a modified form of hyaluronic acid, which is a naturally-occurring substance in the skin. Hyaluronic acid is a substance that gives skin its volume by stimulating collagen production, creating a youthful, healthy look. As we age, our bodies naturally produce less and less hyaluronic acid, often leading to the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Less hyaluronic acid in the skin can also cause thin, sunken, or sagging skin.
In treatment, modified hyaluronic acid is injected into the treatment area for instantly volumized and more youthful-looking skin. Since hyaluronic acid is a naturally-occurring substance in the body, treatment creates natural-looking results.
What Are the Benefits?
Juvederm is the treatment of choice for many patients because it’s non-surgical and requires no downtime. Designed for adults over the age of 21, it shows fast results for people experiencing lost volume or fine lines and wrinkles.
The results from treatment also improve over time. After just 3 months, patients reported a 98 percent improvement in satisfaction from the treatment. Plus, results can last for a year with XC and Ultra XC, or up to two years for Voluma.
Other benefits include:
- The injections don’t take long to administer, and treatment often only lasts for 10 to 20 minutes.
- The dermal filler collection includes a variety of options for different needs, whether you’re seeking improvement for fine lines and wrinkles, the cheek area, or your lips.
- It is one of the most popular non-surgical cosmetic treatments administered in the United States.
There are multiple options within the Juvederm line of dermal fillers to help you achieve your cosmetic goals. Contact Watt Plastic Surgery today to learn if treatment could work for you.